Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Guest Speaker: Brian Forth

I really enjoyed Brian's talk. I like the fact that his software company is located in Tacoma. I hope that the trend of software companies moving to Tacoma picks up because I would love to be able to just live with my mom and save money on rent and food. Honestly I would save so much money on food and I would be stress free not having to drive in Seattle traffic.

Brian's company SiteCrafting is relevant to me. I can see myself working for a consulting company and also starting one of my own. His company is really focused on the customer and I like that one of his ads was a simple "We pick up the phone" which goes to illustrate the type of relationship his company has with their customers. His story he told us of how his dad got fired after working for 40 years with the same company really stuck a chord with me. Companies are only loyal to you when it is convenient. Which makes sense and I accepted the fact not to trust in companies to look out for my best interest. But the way Brian set up his company culture to watch out for one another is refreshing and I could see myself working in this environment. Too bad he hasn't hit me up even though I took a leap out of my comfort zone to ask if his company was hiring. Maybe I should hit him up with a follow up email. I could really use a job.


No comments:

Post a Comment