Monday, January 9, 2017

3 Business Ideas

This post will be about 3 potential business ideas that we would like to develop a business plan for.

My first idea has to do with a new technology that just came to market: virtual reality. I had the chance to try my first pair of VR headset the HTC Vive just recently. The experience is indescribable. It feels so immersive and playing the games got me feeling like a kid again. I am seriously considering buying a VR headset and learning game development so that I can be at the fore front of a new technology. I just need to get my hands on 1700 bucks. :(

Something I would love to develop would be a VR dating app. It would work a lot like Tinder where you would swipe right or left on people from all over the world. And if two people match with each other, they can go on dates in VR. They could go to places like a carnival and just spend some one one one quality time with each other, without having to commit to going somewhere real for a date. The advantages I see to this is that the user can feel more comfortable being in their own house and you can be yourself. It can even take the awkwardness out of a first date since you kind of already know how that person acts.

One of the disadvantages of a VR dating app is that in the dating world, appearances matter and your VR avatar might not reflect how you really look.

My second idea is based off VR as well. A VR girlfriend. The user would pay for sessions to hang out with a girlfriend (or boyfriend) in VR and play all sorts of mini games such as mini golf, bowling, going through a haunted house together. It would be catered to people who are lonely and willing to pay for affection. The girlfriend is paid to be really nice and get the user to come back for more. This idea came to me when I was browsing my Facebook feed and how people in Japan are willing to pay for girls to cuddle them. I figured there is a huge market for this since there are a lot of lonely people out there.

My third idea has to do with my love for cannabis. I have always wanted drive thru dispensaries to exist that were totally automated. You would scan your ID and face and use a touch screen to choose what kind of weed you want. And then product will be dispensed to you. These kinds of things are perfect for me since I am anti-social. It would be a lot like those drive thru expressos that take up a very small space. Also, it could be open 24/7 since I would love to get weed at crazy hours of the night (I think most people do). There are probably a lot of legal ramifications to this since it hasn't been done in Washington yet.

Well that's it for my crazy business ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment