Sunday, February 12, 2017

How I would Protect My Intellectual Property


The one technology that will really help my business would be the I.D. scanner that scans and verifies a card to be over 21 and also the facial scanner to make sure that the person paying for the product is indeed the same person on the card. This technology would be very hard to develop and therefor it would be to my advantage that I protect my intellectual property somehow. I would choose to use a patent to protect my intellectual property. Although there are probably lots of patents on facial recognition software. Another option for my business would be to hire a 3rd party facial recognition software and scanner. This could end up costing me a lot more money to pay for the rights to use their hardware and software. I would have to do more research on which method would be cheaper, building the technology in house and then patenting it and having exclusive rights to use the technology or paying a third party to use their hardware and software for my business. I like the idea of doing my own research and development on the technology and patenting it. That way, if other companies wanted to use my technology, I could sell the rights to use it to them and charge them recurring. Also, since I would like to have multiple drive-thus running, I would probably have to pay for a license to use a 3rd party technology for each of my store locations. This would not be ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment