Sunday, February 12, 2017

Guest Speaker: John Dimmer


I learned the most from John Dimmer's lecture. First off, John Dimmer seems like a really successful guy. He owns multiple Honda dealer ships, Round Table, and a bunch of other businesses that I can't recall. I like the fact that when he was explaining the reasons for becoming an entrepreneur, he brought up reasons like wanting to make an impact and yada yada other bull shit happy go lucky stuff. Then he just straight up came with the reason I want to become an entrepreneur was because I wanted to make a lot of money. Once he said that I was like yessssss. Some honesty.  And he gained my respect and attention This presentation was different than the previous guess lectures because it had to do with financials. Which I could appreciate. I liked the slide about raising money and I learned about how pre money valuation and dilution works. Actually I don't really know if I really learned those concepts. I have to apply it on some homework problems or my business plan template. Good thing I took a picture of these slides so that I can refer to it when I am writing my business plan.  I liked how his parents came with him to his presentation. His dad was sleeping the entire time haha. I don’t feel bad for dozing off in class anymore.  It’s really cool how John and his dad both worked on businesses together. They are probably a really close tight knit family.

No comments:

Post a Comment